Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Addictions Are Many

Hello, my name is Kelli and I am an addict. The sheer number of things to which I have become addicted over the years is stunning, and yet I have not sought help in overcoming my obsessions. On the contrary! If anything I have worked extremely hard to feed my habits.

My first obsession is with the written word. Whether it is reading it or putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) to express my own feelings, fears and faults, words are my friends. That's the biggest reason for starting this blog.

Another addiction is food. I love cutting, chopping, mincing, cooking, baking, grilling, mixing, kneading...well, you get my point.

I like to cook.

I also enjoy consuming the fruits of my labor. But that is one addiction I do attempt to control.

My biggest obsession of all is my family. They are the purpose for my existence, the reason I get up each morning, the objects of my affection and they are simply awesome. Yes, you feel that way about your family and so does every other mother worth her salt. And you know what? That's why we moms are the coolest ever! Revel in your addiction to your family!

No need to overwhelm you right in the beginning. More addictions will come to light as I continue this blogging experience. I don't know where I'm headed with this whole thing so I will be just as surprised as you to see where this goes each day. There may be recipe to share, a book I've read that I'd like to tell you about, a great decorating idea that I simply MUST pass on, or a funny family moment that I think will make you smile. I just know that I have a lot of things I'd like to share with you and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I think I'll enjoy writing it. : )

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your tidbits and stories. You're gifted in many things and a woman of a multitude of talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have the bestest friends around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to an excellent start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )