Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The ABC's of Me

I'm sure I'm a little late seeing this one but I still thought it would be fun.
I found it over at Stacey's place.

A. Age: Well, in December I celebrated the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday. ; )

B. Bed size: King, and I'm not sure how we survived just a few short years ago when we still had a full size bed. I LOVE my HUGE bed!

C. Chore you dislike: I don't mind laundry, or anything in the kitchen, or even vacuuming...but would someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
clean the toilets for me?
D. Dogs: Always wanted a dog but it never works out. :(
We had a lab/Chesapeake Bay mix once.
His name was Barnabus and he was absolutely beautiful.
He ate the barn.
Literally.
As far up as he could reach, he chewed all the 1"x 4" trim
from around the doors and such.
Then he chewed the fog lights off the Hubster's work truck.
Then he found a new home. :(

E. Essential start to your day: LOVE me some diet Dr. Pepper, and I've tried so hard to stay away from it in order to get off the caffeine.
But alas, I am human.
Correction: I am a human with no willpower.
Zero.
:(

F. Favorite color: Coral
And yellow. I love yellow.
And some shades of green.
And orange.
Oh wait. Did you say 'color'? As in just one?
Sorry. Not happenin'. I LOVE color!

G. Gold or silver: Gold and Silver
(You knew that, right?)
I have mostly gold, but I also own a few silver pieces
and I like them muchly.

H. Height: 5' 4 1/2"
And I'm probably exaggerating with the 1/2".

I. Instruments you play(ed): I never seriously played any instrument.
No lessons or anything like that.
But I can pick out a tune on a piano and I LOVE music.
When I was a kid, we had a Lowery Genie 88.And I could play that puppy! : )
I spent hours and hours sitting there,
learning the songs in the books that came with it.
Yes, I was a geek.

J. Job title: Wife, Mom, Grammy, chef, baker, laundress, maid.
aka: Jack of All Trades, Master of None

K. Kids: 2 boy bookends with 2 girls sandwiched in between. : )

L. Live: Wild, Wonderful West Virginia!
I LOVE my state! More on that HERE.

M. Mom's name: Donna Mae


N. Nicknames: I've had a couple through the years, but none that have really stuck.
Except for 'Kid'. My brother has always called me Kid
and he's the only person who calls me that.
One of my best friends in junior high called me Bozo and that stuck for a while. : )


O. Overnight hospital stays:
T&A when I was 16
4 babies
1 hysterectomy
Does it count that I stayed with my little kids when they were hospitalized?
If so, 1 bout with tularemia and 1 bout with HIB (Brie),
and 2 bouts with pneumonia (Tucker).


P. Pet peeves: People who treat others as if they're beneath them. (We all put our britches on one leg at a time, people!)
People who judge others based on rumor and hearsay.
Can't we all just get along???


Q. Quote from a movie:

The baseball lover in me adores this one:

"Hey, is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
(Would that not be THE most fantastic thing a baseball lover could ever see?
All those amazing dudes walking out of a cornfield to PLAY BALL!!!)


and the romantic in me loves this one:


"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

What can I say. I'm well rounded. ; )


R. Righty or lefty: Righty


S. Siblings: 1 sister and 1 brother
Fun fact: We're each ten years apart from the next.
I'm 45, my bro is 55 and my sis will be 65 in June.
Yes, we all have the same mom AND dad. : )
They just didn't get together often. ; )

(That's a joke, people! They were married for 52 years.)

T. Time you wake up:
6:00 a.m. Mon.-Fri.

And hope to sleep in a little on the weekends.


U. Underwear: Yes. ; )


V. Vegetables you don't like: I LOVE most veggies!

My dislikes would be most squash (it's slimy, people!), eggplant, avocado (which I had to look up to be sure it isn't a fruit...either way, I don't like it), and I'm sure there are some more exotic veggies I haven't tasted or liked.

I LOVE asparagus, broccoli, corn, peppers, onions, green beans, peas, carrots, etc.


W. What makes you run late: I try SO very hard to not be late and typically,
if I am running behind, it is because of someone else
(ahemmm....ONE OF MY KIDS!) dawdling.


X. X-rays you've had: Other than dental, sinus/nose is the only one I can recall
at the moment.
This x-ray probably caused me the most grief though.
(Well, one much like it. I Googled for this one.)
All four wisdom teeth were impacted and I had to be knocked out
while they cut them out.
Good times.
NOT.

Y. Yummy food you make: Well, I have lots of often requested dishes,
but I'd have to say my pizza tops the list. : )


Z. Zoo animal favorites: MONKEYS!!! I can spend HOURS watching them. : )

So, now you know my ABC'S, won't you come and play with me? : )

Just copy and paste the questions and let me know you're playing along!