Saturday, April 16, 2011

I miss... (a blast from the past)

...the Saturday morning cartoons of my childhood.

(Would Wile E. Coyote EVER catch that Road Runner?)


(I learned how a bill becomes a law
and I can still sing the Preamble to the Constitution
because of these little educational snippets.)



(Not animated, but oh how I loved to be scared by those Sleestaks!)


(Hey hey hey!)

(Porky Pig...whatever happened to that dude?)


I miss the way I used to feel as the weekend drew nearer and the excitement grew. : )

For you young whippersnappers out there,
please understand that there didn't used to be
a Cartoon Network or a Disney Channel.
You couldn't flip through the channels any ol' day or time
and find a couple dozen cartoons from which to choose.

You simply had Saturday morning sitting there at the end of
a long, tough week of elementary school,
filled with the promise of at least 5 hours of your favorite cartoon treats.

This morning I heard my father-in-law ask my 8 year old son if he was going to watch cartoons.
I heard the hesitation in Tucker's reply,
as if he wondered why his Papaw would ask that.
But I knew why.

And it brought back all sorts of wonderful memories.

: )