Friday, May 25, 2012

A Little Fun with Five Question Friday

I haven't done this for a long, long time.  I was just looking around some of my favorite blogs, saw the questions and decided this was a good week to  jump back into the fray.  : )  


You can always join the fun, too!  Just click on the button, copy the questions and link up!  : )





1. Are you a napper?
I sure didn't used to be, but I am learning the joys of a sweet little afternoon visit with The Sandman from time to time.  I'm guessing it's mostly because I haven't been sleeping too well at night.  Whatever the reason, I even enjoy an occasional power nap on the front porch swing.  But please don't tell.  Passersby need to continue to believe I'm simply enjoying some great reading on my Kindle.  ; )

2. What was your favorite subject in school? Most hated?
English.  I don't remember any grade in school when I didn't enjoy English class.  Some years I enjoyed it much more than others, but it was always my favorite.  In ninth grade, I learned more from Mrs. Coon than any English teacher I'd ever had.  She was tough and expected you to pay attention and apply yourself.  In tenth grade I had Mr. Smith, who taught me to enjoy Shakespeare.  My junior year I had Mrs. Recco and I loved her class!  We read The Scarlet Letter and I never imagined I could enjoy that story, but she made sure we understood what we were reading and made it fun by including some of my favorite writing assignments of my high school career.   

During my seventh, eighth and ninth grade years I took Mechanical Drawing and I have to say I loved it, too.  : )  My teacher, Mr. Turley, was simply the best.  I dearly loved that man. 

The class I hated the most would have to be biology.  I liked all of my science classes through ninth grade, but Advanced Biology in tenth just about wore me out.  Mrs. K. and Mr. Rexroad were the best science teachers I ever had and my AB teacher just couldn't hold a candle to them. 
3. Did you have the something old, new, borrowed and blue at your wedding? What were they?
I did!  : )  I had two 'old' items.  One was a handkerchief that had belonged to my grandmother and the other a bride's Bible that had been given to me when I was born.  The 'new' were my earrings.  The 'borrowed' was a necklace, I believe. The 'blue' was the embroidery on the handkerchief.  
4. What one thing are you determined to do this summer?
Enjoy it!  We have a busy summer ahead of us, but I intend to enjoy every moment I possibly can.  Perri just finished her first year of high school and I can feel time slipping through my fingers like sifting sand.  It's going too quickly!
5. Ice cream or Popsicles?
I positively adore chocolate ice cream, but these days I have to find ice cream made with soy or coconut milk.  That is sometimes a tall order around these parts. I do, however, enjoy a great Popsicle!  My favorite flavor is banana, but I also enjoy a box of mixed melon from time to time.  A few watermelon, a few honeydew and a few cantaloupe.  Those are such fresh flavors for Popsicles!   



I'm not sure why my font is such a mess and the spacing is peculiar.  I do believe Blogger doesn't really like me much at all.  Whatever the problem is, I can't seem to correct it.  I apologize for the appearance of this blog.  Messy!