Monday, May 2, 2011

A Little Staycation and Some Other Odds and Ends

~Hello bloggy friends! : ) It's been a little while since I've written because, without really meaning to do it, I've ended up taking a little 'staycation' from blogging. We've had ball games, practices, Scouts, a banquet, meetings, a family dinner, time spent with that beautiful new grandson...lots of things going on around here. Annnnddd....well, I just needed a break. Since a vacation wouldn't fit in our schedule or our budget, it was staycation time! ; )

~Perri's final two softball games for the regular season are today and tomorrow, and then she leaves for DC in the wee hours of Wednesday morning. It's her eighth grade trip. I'm not gonna lie to you...with this recent turn of events regarding Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, I'm just a little nervous sending my baby girl to our nation's capital. :( I'll feel much better when she's back home, safe and sound. I know that retaliation can be dealt to us anywhere, but I also know that some areas of our country will be on much higher alert than others.

Now enough political talk. (That's about as close to anything political as I care to get...)

~Do you love to read? If so, allow me to recommend Water for Elephants. WOW. What a fantastic book! This is such a gripping story and I confess that had it not been for the movie being released recently and bringing attention to the book, I probably would not have even been tempted to pick it up and try it. I love this guy:
(Robert Pattinson, in case you live under a rock...)

And I adore Reese Witherspoon, so I will definitely be seeing the movie at some point. But I am so glad that I listened to Brie and tried the book! (*If you are easily offended or can't handle deep, raw storytelling, this is probably not the book for you. This one is gritty and real, folks.)

~Only 27 school days left here!

I am very much looking forward to this school year being OVER.

~Much to do today so I have to get busy. Cookies to bake for the softball team (I try to do cupcakes for home games and cookies for away games), a birthday cookie to bake, too...and plenty of laundry and errands as well.