Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Recipe for creating S P A C E

The Great American Cookbook Clean-Out has begun! 

Well, it feels like it's that big a deal to me

I've been collecting these things for years
but I've finally decided that 
some of them must go.

In all honesty, there are many I haven't
even opened since I first brought them home.
It's just that I have this thing about
books in general...
I have a really tough time parting with them.

NO MORE!
This clutter must go!

I didn't get a 'before' pic
and for that I apologize. 
It was a last-minute thing
and I just didn't think.

But here is what remains:

Top shelf 
 Bottom shelf

15 years worth of  
Taste of Home magazines I must sort through.

The giveaway pile

Brie is going to see what she wants to keep
and the rest will go to the local Resource Center.

I will be spending some time going through 
the ToH mags, choosing which recipes 
I want to keep.
I haven't yet decided if I'm going to 
cut them out and create a binder
or if I'm going to take digital pics of them
and keep them on a disc.
I love having a file of my recipes 
on my computer.  But I suppose I'm also 
an old fashioned girl
because I love having a hard copy, too.

Maybe I'll just do both.  ;)

When it's all organized 
and I consider it a job well done,
I'll post the 'after' pics. 
Until then, tell me....
how do you organize your 
cookbooks and recipes?