Friday, February 1, 2013

5QF


It's been a long time since I've done a 5QF
and I think I'm due.  ;)
Let's get it goin'!
Join in at My Little Life!

1. What is your favorite book to read with your kids?
I really have to choose just one?  Seriously?
 
Not gonna happen.
 
There are DOZENS!
 
Let's break it down like this:

My favorite CLASSIC to read with them is 
Where the Red Fern Grows.
And yes, I cry 
Every. Single. Time.
 
My favorite SERIES to read with them is
Junie B. Jones.
I'll be honest.  I despised those
books when they first came out.
The grammar was 
atrocious
and I kept thinking how
Perri was just learning to read 
and write and what a mess
this was going to make of it!
 
But they made me giggle.
Really.
I could just imagine Junie's 
thought process taking place
in my own kids' minds
and I knew we had to read them.
So we turned them into lessons, too!
As I read them aloud,
Perri would correct Junie's grammar.
And no, I can't take credit for the idea.
She just sort of started doing it on her own.
 
We've also read TONS of other great books
but I'll save that post for another day. ;)
 

2. After having kids, what body part has changed the most?
 
Okay, really now.
Do we want to go there?

I didn't think so.
 
A few stretch marks after the first one,
a few more and some sagging after the second...
you get my point.
 
There is no fun to be had in discussing that!
 

3. Would you ever go back to college? What would you study?
 
I would.
That is, if my circumstances were 
very different,
I would.
Perri will start college 
(full time...she is already earning credits in high school)
in 2015, and then Tucker in 2020.
I really don't think now is the time
for me to even think about it for myself. 
 
If I were to go, I would want to study journalism. :)
 

4. How do you close a phone call? Bye, bye bye or other?
 
I'm thinking...
 
Funny how we really don't pay attention
to that sort of thing, isn't it?
 
But I'm pretty sure that if it's my
hubby or my kids on the other end
of the line,
I end with 'Love you'
and if it's anyone else,
it's usually 
'Later' or 'Talk to ya later!'
 
I'm not a 'goodbye' kind of girl.
 

5. What is the one food that will always be your "cheat food" on a diet?
 
Since a picture is worth a thousand words:
 CHOCOLATE!!!
Especially dark.
Mmmmmmmmmmm...