Thursday, February 28, 2013

Angels Among Us

angel:  [eyn-juhl]  a person having qualities generally attributed to an angel;
a messenger, especially of God;
a conventional representation of such a being, in human form

I've been seeing angels left and right,
both in person and in the media.
I don't know about you,
but I had gotten so tired of the bad news 
that I pretty much stopped watching much news at all.
I seldom click on the news links posted on FB
but I'm really glad I checked out this one.
This story is packed FULL of good news
and a handful of angels, too.




This one hits a bit closer to home. ;)

Makes a mama proud.  :)  
Drew loves being a firefighter
 and even though I worry every time
 I know he's out on a call, 
I love that he is passionate about helping others.





Then there is this guy:
 
One can be labeled an angel for many reasons.
Sometimes it's because of the example they set. 
This is my Tucker Man.  He's 10 years old.
Yesterday his class went to visit a local nursing home.  
Those who are band members 
put on a little concert for the residents, 
then they all sat and talked, 
giving each of them some one-on-one attention.
Tucker came home just bubbling over 
with stories about this little excursion 
and ended it by saying
 "I really enjoyed going there.  
It was fun to talk to them." 
He told me of the conversations 
he had with a couple of the elderly residents
and he spoke with so much 
enthusiasm and joy.
My heart was so full it nearly burst. 
He is such a loving, giving, sensitive young man.
And that makes him an angel in my eyes.

When the news of the day is getting you down
with stories of political unrest,
rising food and gas prices,
and crime after crime...

LOOK AROUND YOU.

I feel certain you can spy an angel or two. 
Move past the depressing headlines
and allow them to lift your spirits
 and, more importantly,
 restore your confidence in mankind.

The wings of angels are often found on the backs of the least likely people.  ~Eric Honeycutt

Everyone entrusted with a mission is an angel.  ~Moses Maimonides

Anyone can be an angel.  ~Author Unknown