Thursday, April 22, 2010

Will I NEVER Learn?

Two words...



Every time I have one I promise myself I will never do it again. And I stick with that...for about five years. (That's the truth. I only do this about once every five years.)

All that sorting and selecting what goes and what stays.

Days and days...even WEEKS...of prepping and pricing.


And then there is, of course, the day of the sale itself.


The bargain hunters.

The hagglers.

The HEADACHE.


I mean really...

IS IT WORTH IT?

Well.........ask me again when I am spending that FUN MONEY!




I have a feeling that by that time, it'll all be good.


Another good thing is that I get lots of repeat customers. If they were around for my last sale, they show up early on opening day. You see, I am pretty GREAT at yard sale pricing, if I do say so myself. I'm not here to get rich. I'm here to get rid. My prices just can't be beat! And typically, in that five year time frame that it takes me to forget what a pain the last sale was and to start planning another one, I have accumulated some pretty cool stuff.

So the work has begun and another yard sale is in the making. One week from today I will set up the folding tables and strategically place at the end of my driveway the sign that will attract the masses of bargain hunting yard sale-hoppers. And hopefully they will be impressed with my offerings and I will, in turn, be pleased with my pocketbook.