Sunday, December 12, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Good Monday morning to you! : ) December 13th already, and that means less than two weeks until Christmas! WOW! This year has really flown right by and before you know it, we'll be turning the page on the calendar for 2011.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Remember back in the 80s when the year 2000 seemed so very far away?

Well, the date doesn't really matter as much as the fact that it's Monday! And that means it's time to share the miscellany. Click on over to lowercase letters to link up and share all the little things in your life. : )

*I FINALLY got my new computer cord!
This makes me very happy! And I really shouldn't say 'FINALLY' since it was here within 3 days of being ordered. Talk about fast service! I was impressed, especially this time of year.

*I haven't finished my Christmas cards yet.
I know, I know. It's less than two weeks away and my cards typically go out the first week of December, but what can I say. I'm so much more relaxed this Christmas and I'm not freaking out about it.
I refuse!
They'll get signed, they'll get sealed and they'll get mailed.
All in due time.

(Note to self: GET WITH IT! It's LESS than two weeks!)

*I'm typing this on Sunday evening as we are all hanging out around the house, playing Wii, playing on our laptops, watching some television, etc. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the snow we've been promised by every weatherman on television. So far we haven't seen a flake, other than about ten minutes worth of flurries that occurred mid-afternoon and didn't even stick to anything. WE WANT SNOW!!! And the kids want a snow day!

*I watched It's a Wonderful Life on Thursday while I wrapped packages.
My Christmas season is not complete until I've watched this movie.
I NEED my Jimmy Stewart/George Bailey fix.
(I sometimes need this fix in the middle of April or even July, too. And I never deprive myself.)
I adore that man and that movie never fails to make me feel good. : )

*I do believe I'll be mixing up some cookie doughs this week. I need to mix up some cookie doughs this week. And since Brie is going to be here to help, I'm going to have her snap
some pics to post over at Kelli's Kitchen. I'm also planning to make Sausage and Peppers Rustica this week and I'll try to get that posted as well. It is one of our favorite dishes! When I want to make something that EVERYONE in the family loves, this is my go-to dish. Even Tucker loves it. Yes, my picky 8 year old could eat his weight in this. It's THAT good.

I suppose that just about does it for the miscellany in my life this week.
It's been a rather laid back few days, without a whole lot going on.

And I've enjoyed every single, solitary, less-than-exciting moment.