Saturday, June 12, 2010

I was gone for TWO WHOLE DAYS...

...and you DIDN'T EVEN MISS ME!


Oh.....wait.

There could be a couple of reasons behind that.

1. I didn't tell you I was leaving.

2. You didn't know I was gone because I scheduled the Fantabulous Friday post for yesterday before I left.

WHEW!



I don't mind tellin' ya.....that makes me feel much better!

Anyway, back to the point. We left here early Friday morning for the Ohio Amish Country. This is always one of my favorite destinations when I'm needing to kick back and relax. Unfortunately this trip was a bit rushed, but we still enjoyed our time there. Thought I'd share some pics of where we stayed. It's called the Inn at Amish Door and it's located in Wilmot. A little off the beaten path, and that's one of the reasons I love it so much. We love to take the back roads and get away from all of the hustle and bustle of the highly commercialized areas. Don't get me wrong...we shop Walnut Creek and Berlin. But we also love to explore the stores and markets in the middle of nowhere.

A few of these are off their website and a few I took this morning.

The Inn



This is the staircase as you enter the lobby.

Pretty, huh? :)

A seating area in the lobby. In the colder months there is a fire in the fireplace. There is always a jigsaw puzzle in various stages of completion on a table by a window, and free cookies at the desk.




This is the beautiful hallway in the lower level. There is a lovely seating area where you can enjoy the sounds of trickling water coming from the fountain, and through a doorway to the right there is a small library where you can borrow books and magazines to enjoy during your stay.

But best of all, at the end of this hallway you'll find THIS:
And just how relaxing does THAT look?

The kids sure did enjoy it. I relaxed in a lounge chair while the kids swam for about 2 1/2 hours!

This morning as we left, I snapped these shots of the grounds. Trust me when I tell you that pictures do not do it justice. This place is simply breathtaking.

The entrance. The area on top is just outside the breakfast room. There are tables where you can eat and on the side porches there are the most comfy swings!


Don't you love this little pathway?




Even though we were going with a specific purpose in mind (my mother-in-law wanted a quilt rack) and we were in a bit of a hurry because of schedules, we still got to shop and have a pretty good time. :)

I'll tell you more about our shopping experiences and my lucky finds in the next edition of

KELLI'S AMISH COUNTRY GETAWAY

To Be Continued...