Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Kindred Connection

Windy Poplars

Once again I am joining Kristin over at Windy Poplars
for The Kindred Connection.
Hope you'll stop by her place and join the fun! : )



1. What is the most recent vacation you've been on?

We don't do full-fledged vacations often, but we do enjoy several 'mini trips' each year. This way we can take breaks more often, fitting little getaways into our schedule very easily, and this suits our family well.

We visit Ohio's Amish Country most often, typically two or three times a year. Also, as a baseball loving family, we have traveled to Cleveland, Cincy and Pittsburgh to watch my Yankees play ball.


2. What is the destination of the vacation of your dreams?

Prince Edward Island, for sure. We didn't get a 'real' honeymoon when we married and our dream is to one day drive north through the New England States and I want to continue northward and visit PEI. One of these days....

When I hit the Powerball ;) we will be traveling to every Major League ballpark to take in a ballgame. How cool would that be?!?!

3. Do you have a favorite place you vacation to regularly?

Ohio Amish Country. Peaceful, quiet and a much slower pace. Love to go there, relax, eat well, and just soak in the beauty.

4. Vacation preference: beach, city, or mountains?


I used to enjoy a trip to the beach every year but I find that lately I'm not craving it the way I once did. (Perhaps the fact that my 'bathing suit body' disappeared quite some time ago?)

I did enjoy our trip to NYC and we'll definitely go back again someday. I just don't think I could take more than a few days of it. Too rushed, too hectic, and I missed my cow pasture too much.

It seems that lately I'm daydreaming of a cabin or cottage, tucked away neatly among a stand of pines, with a lake or stream just outside the door. No traffic sounds, no rushing here and there....just birdsong, a comfy swing and a stack of terrific reading material.

About a week there ought to be just right.

5. Have you ever vacationed with a group of people (other than your family)? If so: How did you coordinate it, and would you do it again?

Can't say that I have and not certain that it's in the near future. We typically vacation to escape the realities of our day to day lives and to enjoy quality time with each other, strengthening those bonds and making memories to last a lifetime. I want my kids to look back upon their childhoods with fond memories of the things that we did as a family.