Friday, November 12, 2010

My Frugal Teen

I do believe I've taught her well. : ) I am a bargain shopper and I learned out of necessity. I also think it's fun to shop around for the best deals and see just how much I can save.

Yesterday we went to the mall so Perri could spend the gift card she got from her grandparents for her birthday. She had $100 to spend. That's a small fortune for a 13 year old! But you know, $100 doesn't necessarily go very far in the stores she likes. There's Aeropostale, Hollister, Charlotte Russe, NY&Co., American Eagle, Aerie, Wet Seal, Delia's.

Still, we hit them all.

Twice.

She took a good, long look around each place and then said

"Let's move on and I'll come back and get this if I don't find something I like better."

And so we did. We shopped for nearly 4 hours and that, for me, is a MARATHON!

She ended up getting a slouch crew pullover (hers is dark blue) and 5 cute pairs of panties at Aerie; a red racer-back cami from Wet Seal; a plain black cami and a lace trimmed pink cami, a dress (for $5!!!)

(and yes, she WILL be wearing a short sleeved top under this dress!),

a bow ring she's had her eye on,

and some bracelets from Charlotte Russe.

And best of all...

SHE STILL HAS MONEY LEFT ON THE CARD!
(That and we had a BUNCH of fun!)

So that means another shopping marathon in the near future, I'm sure.

But hey, I'm up for it. I'll just put in a couple of miles on the walking track every day to stay in shape until then. ; )