Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Final Post for 2010



Hello, my bloggy friends! : ) I'm sorry I've been gone so long. Not only has it been a very busy time around here, I also managed to get sick the day after Christmas. Spent the entire day of the 26th in bed with a stomach virus and then followed that up on the 27th by spending the day in bed with a migraine. And to top it all off, that was my BIRTHDAY! Do I know how to have a good time or what?

Today is the first time I've been able to eat since the virus, too. It wasn't the worst virus ever (I've definitely been sicker in the past) but recuperating from it has been extremely difficult. I'm still very tired and weak. And the worst part? I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO HAVE MY BIRTHDAY DINNER! (I'm all about the food, ya know?)

Don't know about you guys but I'm having a hard time believing that another year has come and gone already. 2010 was a year of many personal changes for me. BIG changes on the inside. A year of personal growth, I suppose you'd say. I know there are some who don't like the changes, but that's okay. I've finally decided that I'm not out to please everyone. I'm doing what I know in my heart is best for me because I finally realized that when I'm not doing what's right for me, I'm failing everyone around me. I've learned to say 'NO' when it's the best thing for me. I've learned to say 'STOP' when what's happening is unnecessary or...just not what I need.

Basically, I guess I've just learned that I'm worth my time and effort. That's a big realization for me. : ) I can't say I've perfected it all and I can say that I probably never will, but I do know that I'm growing and changing and I'm happy with what I'm seeing. That's BIG for me, too. : )

I once read on a t-shirt "Everybody is worth something 'cause God don't make no junk"...well, it took me 45 years to come to the conclusion that this applies to me, too.

And just FYI...

I did NOT just celebrate my 45th birthday.
I celebrated the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday.


So, my friends, until next year! That 2011 is the best year yet for each of you is my prayer. God bless and please be careful and wise in your New Year celebrations!