Saturday, January 1, 2011

Counting down...

I am a very goal-oriented person. It's good to have something to which you can look forward; something to work toward; a little pot at the end of the rainbow...ya know? So here are a few of the things that already have me counting down this year:

89 DAYS
Until the Yankees' Season Opener
( only 56 days until their preseason opener )

I really miss baseball.

Could you tell?





109 Days
*Give or Take*

Until my new grandson arrives!






143 Days
Until SCHOOL'S OUT!!!
(This is an approximate number, too. Due to snow days and such.)


I like having my kids at home. : )




236 Days
Until School Resumes

I'll probably be just about ready for them to go back by then. ; )




272 Days
Until OCTOBER!

That's my favorite month, ya know. ; )




327 Days
Until Thanksgiving!

And that means only

329 Days
Until the Christmas tree goes back up!



Of course, those are just the highlights.
There's a whole lot of life taking place in between all of these.
There are meals to be prepared, hugs and snuggles to be enjoyed,
'I Love You'
s to be exchanged and smiles to be shared.
There will be much laughter and, I'm sure,
a tear here and there.
There will be SO MANY opportunities to do something NICE for someone.
There will be dozens and dozens of chances to put a little bit of happy in a stranger's day...
let someone go ahead of you at the checkout;
drop an extra coin in the parking meter next to yours;
prepare an extra plate at dinnertime to take to an elderly neighbor;
SMILE and make EYE CONTACT!

Little things really can make a BIG difference!

Try out the whole goal thing.
Set some for yourself.
Give yourself something to which you can look forward.

Make 2011 your best year yet and...
SPREAD THE LOVE!