Monday, March 29, 2010

Dragons, Chocolates and Inlaws


Peculiar combination, don't you think?

But that pretty much sums up my weekend.

Perri had a sleepover at a friend's house on Friday night, leaving Tucker Man stranded here at home alone with the Hubster and me. The Hubs said maybe we would take him to a movie if something suitable was playing at the local theater and while Tucker had been hoping for Alice in Wonderland (which I wasn't particularly wild about seeing...that Queen just freaks me out!) it's run had ended on Thursday night and it was replaced by this:


I was only semi-excited. It looked okay...not terrific. But hey, it was family time. A chance to do something cool with the little guy; something he would really enjoy. So I feigned excitement.


Okay, not THAT excited.

A little more subdued. Like...


However, when we left the theater, I was feeling more like that first lady. What a GREAT MOVIE!!! Terrific storyline, likable characters, lovable dragons...yes, I said LOVABLE DRAGONS!

This is Toothless:


Really. How could you not love that face?

Then on Saturday I went to the Third Annual West Virginia Chocolate Festival. YUMMY! My friend Connie is the owner and operator of Nana's Kitchen. She basically bakes everything she can get her hands on and then travels to arts and crafts shows, fairs and festivals all over the place selling her wares. On Saturday I bought a mini-loaf of her Turtle Bread. As of last night that Turtle Bread looked a lot like this:


OH. MY. GOODNESS.

And I was the only one eating it.

Stop looking at me that way! You'd have done the same thing!

Sunday was spent at the inlaws'. I'm ashamed to say that until yesterday, we hadn't been up there this year.

Between bad weather and busy schedules, it just gets harder and harder to find the time.

Anyway, we had a nice visit including a tasty dinner that included:

(These are ham balls. Not the ones she made because I didn't think to take a pic yesterday. Her's have a crushed pineapple glaze on them, too. Yummy!)

I had never heard of ham balls until I married into this family, and now I love them!

So there. That's my weekend...

in a nutshell.

How was yours?