Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

What a day this has been so far!

First thing this morning, the kids' bus broke down. AGAIN. This is not unusual. You see, this is a substitute bus for a substitute bus for a substitute bus because their original bus kept breaking down.

Got that?

Yeah.

Then I found out the strawberries we sold for the school band (they were supposed to be here at 10:00 a.m. for pick-up) ended up being delayed. THIS after I have rearranged my entire day to run 50 miles south to make deliveries, return home and then drive 50 miles north to make deliveries. Now they're supposed to be available around 1:00 p.m.

That doesn't help me out a whole lot.

Next, our power went off. I jumped in the shower thinking it would be off for only a few minutes because they've been working on the lines near our house and I figured they were making some sort of connection and then restoring our power.

Ummm......no.

It was off for a couple of hours. So my wet hair ended up going into a baseball cap and there it shall spend the rest of the day.

In the last fourteen hours I have contacted people to let them know I'd be delivering their berries by a certain time; re-contacted the same folks to let them know I wouldn't be delivering their berries at that time, but later...much, much later; twice rescheduled my entire day to accommodate delivering those berries; made arrangements for my kids to be picked up from school and shuttled to ball practice at the appropriate time; lost power and was unable to do two loads of laundry that really, really needed to be done; took a shower in the dark; and scrubbed two bathrooms out of sheer frustration.

But the day is gradually improving! The power has been restored, the laundry is going, it's pouring the rain and my hair is better off under a ball cap, PLUS I have two sparkly bathrooms. : )

And let it be known... tell ALL your friends... I will be posting a fantastic white lasagna recipe over in Kelli's Kitchen SOON! I made it for dinner last night and it was a HUGE hit with EVERYONE!!! Even my pickiest eaters gave it a two thumbs-up! : )