Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm just ALL KINDS of HAPPY! : )

I read a really cool thing this morning. Here is what it said:

Happiness is a way of travel,
not a destination.


Nice, huh? : ) And it got me to thinkin'...



Every day of our lives we are faced with people and situations that require us to make choices. Seriously...be conscious of the number of choices you make today. I think you'll be surprised how many times you have to choose one thing over another in a single day. From little things such as what to have for lunch to the more weighty issues that can make a difference not only in your life, but also the lives of those around you.

And yet, even considering all those dozens of choices we make in a single 24 hour period, I think that initial choice we make each morning when we awaken is the single most influential decision of our day: Hopeful positivity or despairing pessimism?

I know which one I like best. : )

When you have a newborn around to cuddle and kiss and get all weepy over, it can really get those ol' wheels in your head to turning. I've had so much going through my mind the last few days and I've been very emotional, but none of this is a bad thing. Guess you could say I've been countin' my blessings. ; )

My life is indeed very blessed. I have a husband who works hard to provide for this family; four great kids who mean the world to me; a son-in-law and a (same as) daughter-in-law who just belong and add so much to our family; two bright and beautiful grandsons; the best friends a girl could ever hope to have. All of these things bring me so much happiness and I am grateful. Life is good. Hectic and stressful at times, yes...but never anything so overwhelming that I can't recover.

At this moment there are tons of things about which I could be complaining, if I chose to do so.

But today?


(Don't you just love that? : ) )

I'd rather count my blessings than my trials.

I'd rather share smiles and laughter than scowls and hatefulness.

I'd rather carry that lighter-than-air, I Love My Life kind of feeling than the heavy burden of despair regarding things over which I have no control.

So I choose HAPPY. : )

There are things and people we can't control.
But we can control our reactions to them.

My hope and prayer for you, my friends, is that you consciously choose the same. Yes, sometimes you have to work at being happy. It's just a matter of changing your point of view. Even if there are situations in your life right now that don't inspire great optimism and even if the bad seems to outweigh the good, your outlook and attitude can make all the difference.

A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
Proverbs 15:13 (NIV)

All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.
Proverbs 15:15 (NIV)

Now I'm gonna get bossy with ya.

CHOOSE HAPPY!!!

And that's a direct order.