Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bustin' Out All Over!

Thought I'd share a few shots from my garden.
We had such a cool, wet spring and now it seems
we've moved straight into dead-of-summer heat,
so things are really popping open right now!

My Stella D'Oro daylily.
She's always so bright and pretty!
I have a few different daylilies
but Stella is my most prolific bloomer.

The one tiny bloom on my rosebush right now.
It isn't looking particularly healthy. :(


Once again, I can't remember what this stuff is called, but I love it!
It is a low profile plant, sort of a ground cover,
and blooms profusely all summer long.
Sorry this shot is blurry.
It looked good on my camera screen.


My clematis. : )
This plant always makes me smile!
So many big, beautiful purple blooms.
Just keep her feet cool and out of direct sunlight
and she'll perform beautifully.


I wish I had snapped some photos of my irises while they were blooming.
But time slipped away from me and alas,
they are all spent. :(


*Important Note*
You're getting only close-ups today for a very good reason.

Let's just say I'm a tad behind on weeding.
Just a tad.

I will welcome any and all volunteer weeders.
I will make it worth your while.
I will feed you.
Homemade stuff.
And plenty of it.
Oh, and fresh squeezed lemonade.
Or sweet tea.
Whichever you prefer.

Any takers?