Friday, September 21, 2012

5 Question Friday

Decided to join in on the fun this week at My Little Life 
You should, too!  Just click the link, 
answer the questions and link up!

  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 


1. What is one grammar issue you cannot let go without correction?
 
Oh, where to begin...
My family calls me the grammar Nazi.
But I also notice that they often correct 
themselves when they repeat an offense
for which they've already been corrected by me.
; )
I must also add that while I scored A's in grammar 
during junior high and high school 
and I believe I have a decent understanding 
of proper usage,
I do sometimes tend to write 
in a more 'conversational' manner.
Sometimes using proper grammar can make
a girl sound like a Shakespearean damsel.
Sometimes that isn't the way she wants to come 
across to her readers.
Got it?  ; )
 2. What's your favorite thing about fall?
 
Just one thing?  Seriously?
Not fair.
Not fair at all.
But if I absolutely must narrow it down
to only one single, solitary thing...
COLOR!
I adore all the gorgeous jewel tones of fall.
The bright and beautiful leaves
fluttering to the ground.
Stunning sweaters and scarves in
all their glorious autumnal shades.
What's not to love? : )

  3. What's your favorite dish to take to a potluck?
 
That depends.
If it's a family potluck, it's usually my
If it's for some other type of gathering,
I will try to adapt what I'm taking
to the crowd in attendance.
If there are lots of kids,
I like to take something more kid friendly.
If it's just the grownups,
I might get a little more adventurous. 
 

4. When do you start Christmas (Holiday) shopping?
 
December 26th sounds good.  : )
And it really has happened a few times!
I try to shop for Christmas 
all year long.

5. Did you move homes a lot growing up?

I lived in the same house 
from the time I was born 
until I got married.
I know that there are lots of folks
who can't say that
and I'm grateful that I can.  : )
My family has deep roots in the area
and even though I now live
about an hour away from there,
it's still the place I call home.


*I apologize for the wonkiness 
(yes, that IS a word!)
of the font sizes.
Why oh why does Blogger 
dislike me so?
It just seems to change sizes
on its own and I can't make 
this entire post the same size.*   

And now I will leave you with a
pic I snapped this morning.
The sunrise was breathtaking!
Unfortunately, my camera was not handy
during the peak of color
and by the time I ran to get it,
this is what was left.
Still, with the sunbeams reaching
through the clouds, 
not too shabby.  ; )