Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This, That and Whatever

This is going to be one of those posts that jumps from here to there and back again. 
Focus is not my strong suit today.  ; )

First I have to say I'm diggin' these foggy mornings. 
When you look out the window and this is the scene you see,
it just feels like fall! 
(At least until you open the door and realize the temps are already 
in the 70s and it's very muggy.)

I just thought to snap this pic and while most of the fog has already cleared, 
you get the basic idea. 

With that sort of scene greeting me this morning,
I believe I might just chisel out some time today
to break out the fall decor.
I can't believe I've waited this long.
Usually it's the first day of September
but I'm running behind.
I have a wreath in the entry
and I've been burning candles 
that make me think FALL,
but I haven't yet pulled out the big guns. 
Perhaps today.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got an email from Farmers' Almanac this morning
and they're calling for a real winter in my
part of the country!
 
This makes me happy.
Last year we had nothing that even 
resembled winter.  
Not enough snow to shake a broom at,
let alone a snow shovel.
They're also saying that we could get a significant 
snowfall as early as mid November!
A white Thanksgiving?
Fine by me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you know that September is 
National Courtesy Month?
I didn't either,
but I do now and I'm thinking
that's something worth celebrating!
Common courtesy is no longer quite so common.
Good manners are languishing in the midst of
 the hustle and bustle of our hectic lives.
Just push your way to the front,
step on toes along the way
and never look back.
Please, thank you, yes ma'am, no sir...
those have mostly fallen by the wayside.
I do my best to be polite and courteous 
and I teach my kids the same.
As the saying goes:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time to trudge my way to the barn, 
climb up to the attic
and dig through the autumn totes.
Pumpkins and scarecrows and hay bales...
OH MY!
Can't wait to get my fall on!  ; )