Monday, October 29, 2012

Meanderings

I think that's an appropriate title for today.  My mind is wandering here, there and yonder and I'm sure that's how this post will read.  

We had a long, wet weekend.  A system moved in on Saturday bringing us rain (and plenty of  it!) and now, before this one has a chance to fizzle out or move on, we're awaiting the arrival of Frankenstorm Sandy.  We're already pretty well saturated and with high winds coming, I'm expecting to see downed trees.  That, of course, brings the possibility of no electricity.  It could get ugly around here. 

But even with all the rain we still managed to celebrate Mom's 85th birthday on Saturday evening.  Thirty-four family members got together at the local Olive Garden and a great time was had by all!  Well, all but the other diners who had to share a dining room with us.  Poor folks probably had no idea what hit 'em!  ;)  We're a loud, happy group!  It is impossible to have a quiet and sedate gathering of my family and really....who'd want that?  Not me!  :)  We have FUN!  I just know that some of those folks went out to dinner expecting a nice, quiet evening.  If we had been drinking and rowdy in a rude and obnoxious way, I'd feel a lot worse about it, but that's not how we roll.  ;)  Hopefully Brie will send me some of the pics she took and I'll try to post them later. 

Yesterday we did NOTHING.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  Zero.  Not. One. Thing. 

It was WONDERFUL!  :)

I can't tell you the last time we had a Sunday afternoon to do with as we pleased.  Fall softball was cancelled due to the weather and this coming Sunday is the start of winter (indoor) softball, so the break was short lived.  Still, it was a terrific afternoon of nothingness.  :)

Not sure what this day will bring, but I'm about to get off this computer and find out!  Tons of things I could/should be doing, I'm sure.  Hope all of you have a fabulous Monday!  If you're in Sandy's path, please heed the warnings and stay safe.