Monday, February 14, 2011

Blue, blue Monday. :(

I'm feeling a little like Garfield on this Monday morning.

It wasn't that long ago that I posted about not minding Mondays so much. It has such a bad reputation, being the proof that yet another weekend is over and done and another work week has begun. Under ordinary circumstances I truly don't mind them so much but this Monday stinks.

Why?

Not one but TWO sick kids. :(

Yeah, you read that right. Both of them. Fever, congestion, sore throats, one of them coughing and one complaining of a headache.

I think it's gonna be a long week. :(

On a lighter note, we had Valentine's Day dinner yesterday before my son-in-law went back to work. This was the main course:

Yes, it's a 3+ pound heart-shaped meat loaf.

Hey, how much more festive can you get? ;)
(Yes, I'm a bit odd.)

So today is Valentine's Day and I have two sick kids, but since neither of them are truly miserable (just really not feeling well), I'm gonna try to look on the bright side.

We have sunshine! The wind is fierce but the sun is shining brightly and you can just see the promise that spring is on the way. (Just don't stick your head out the door because it is COLD out there!)

I have plenty of food in the house because The Hubster and I made a grocery run on Saturday and totally stocked the pantry.

There is laundry to do, there are movies to watch and games to play, so we won't be totally bored out of our skulls.

Best news of all? PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT TODAY!!! Yes, spring training has begun! My Yankees should be beginning their spring workouts at George Steinbrenner Field in Tampa today.

I'M EXCITED FOR BASEBALL SEASON!!!!

Can you tell? ; )

Now I'm outta here. I must tend to the sick and afflicted. I must do laundry. I must daydream of getting bleacher butt while watching my Yankees PLAY BALL!

Catch y'all tomorrow. : )