Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where'd it go? Did you see it SPEEDING past???

I'm talking about THE WEEKEND! Boy oh boy did it ever disappear quickly! And then Monday decided to grab it's tail on the way past. The last three days have been a whirlwind around here!

I am happy to report that on Saturday we had SUNSHINE!!! YAY!!! Did I EVER need that! It was a gloriously beautiful day and we got ourselves ready and headed out the door. Perri was in need of a dress for the Valentine Dance at school, so we went shopping. : ) It was so nice to feel the sunshine on my face but it was still a bit cool to stay outside for long periods of time, so shopping seemed like a great compromise. ; ) (Shopping is ALWAYS a great compromise, isn't it?) It was a great day, as we even found a dress for 40% off! YAY Kohl's!!! : )

On Sunday we went to church, came home and had Swiss steak for dinner (hadn't made that for a long time!) and then ran to town with Brie to grab a few things we needed. Back here to goof off for the rest of the afternoon and then I played short order cook for the evening meal. Everyone wanted something different, so I ended up making BLTs, fettucini alfredo and corn dogs. I chose chocolate Cheerios for my own evening meal. ; )

Yesterday Brie and Hayden both had appointments and I had to go help out. Brie was having a glucose tolerance test. (Still don't understand why they waited until she was seven months pregnant...I had mine and was put on the diabetic exchange diet at about 4 1/2 months when I was pregnant with Tucker!) Hayden had his 2 year check-up, just a little late. He turned two in October but between illnesses and snow storms, she hadn't been able to get him there for the check-up and...*shudder*...the dreaded immunizations. Guess who had the honors of taking the little man upstairs for that good time! It wasn't too terrible, but I don't know that he'd agree with that assessment. ; ) The big guy is now 3' tall! WOW! He's grown so quickly! : )

Needless to say I have had no time to work on the big changes I mentioned here on Friday. I did spend a little time looking at the possibilities but I'm just not sure that I have the time to deal with it right now. It's gonna take a lot of time for me to learn how to make it all work, but at least I know it's out there and when I do have time, I can mess around with it and see what I can do. For the time being, I think we're okay right where we are. : )

So I guess this has sort of been a Miscellany Monday post...only on Tuesday. ; ) I'm always just a little behind, huh?