Friday, July 1, 2011

5QF



1. If you had the opportunity to bungee jump, would you?
Not.  On.  Your.  Life.  
Period.
This is a girl who can't go more than three steps up a ladder, ya know what I mean?  Asking me to attach a big rubber band to myself and jump off a bridge or something is like....well, it's like ASKING ME TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE!!!  ARE YA NUTS???

2. Would you rather go to the movie theater or to the drive-in?


I love going to the movies and I haven't been to a drive-in in years!  But I do remember the last one I went to and I have fond memories of it, indeed.  : ) 
Confession time:  As a teenager I was attracted to bad boys.  
Okay, not 'boys'...just a particular bad boy.  One that my parents really wanted me to leave alone.  So when threatening me with being locked in the house didn't work, they sent me to live with my aunt and uncle for a few weeks one summer.  In another state.  I was not happy.  But my cousin Caroline, who is just a few years older, was determined I'd have a good time and forget all about that bad boy back home.  Bless her.  She had some cousins from the other side of her family coming to visit while I was there and she promised we'd all have fun.  
Did we ever!  : )

Those cousins had a cool car and one evening we went to the drive-in.  I don't even remember what movie was playing, but I do remember laughing and having a really good time, and discovering that not seeing the bad boy was not the end of the world.  And that that good boys could be fun, too!  And that one of Caroline's cousins was super cute and I really enjoyed spending time with him.  ; )  And that gave me hope that someday there would be a good guy in my life.  
And that's my drive-in story.  : ) 
Still didn't really answer the question, did I?  

3. Do you have your groceries delivered?
Ummmm....I live in a cow pasture.  
Short answer:  NO.   : )
 

4. Eyebrows: Do you wax, thread, pluck, or stay au naturel?
Pluck.  When I have to.  And not a moment before.  
But one good thing about middle age for me...that isn't as often as it used to be.  Actually, I'm almost afraid that someday I may have no eyebrows at all!   
 

5. Would the people you went to high school with be surprised by your life today?
I doubt it.  I was always pretty clear about wanting to be a wife and mom, have lots of kids and a house with a picket fence...all very 'Donna Reed', ya know? I doubt that any of them ever expected much else of me, really.   
In other words, I think they'd be more shocked if I'd become a career woman, climbing the corporate ladder, shattering the glass ceiling and making a name for myself in big business.  Now that, my friends, would have blown them away!  ; )


Join in the Five Question Friday fun over at Mama M's!  : )