Saturday, January 21, 2012

This is Not Good

This is my mom.
(And yes, she's gonna kill me for posting this picture of her.
She is wearing The Hubster's big, warm flannel shirt
because she is always cold and using ice
only makes that worse.)

She went to the post office on Thursday, 
where she slipped and fell,
breaking her wrist.
Thankfully it was her left wrist 
and she is right handed.

The only cool part?
She got a really snazzy purple cast out of it.  ; )

I snapped this pic with my phone this morning
as she was trying to eat a bowl of cereal
while icing her swollen fingers.
It's pretty tough to get used to doing
everything
with one hand.

Buttons, hooks and snaps are no longer her friends.
You should have seen her attempts at opening
a ketchup packet yesterday.  ; )
Even eating a cupcake is a challenge
unless one of us removes the paper for her.

She just got the cast yesterday 
and she'll be staying with us for a few days.
Until she can manage some of the daily basics
a little better on her own.
Until she's a little more steady on her feet.
(She's still discovering new sore spots from her fall.)
And I have to admit that she's been 
a much better patient than I expected.  ; )

I've been trying to post on Mondays, 
Wednesdays and Fridays,
but yesterday was a bit busy
and I put it off until today.
I knew you'd understand.  : )