Thursday, February 16, 2012

All Over the Place

It's not Miscellany Monday but this is my first post of the week and it is going to be pretty much all over the place.  Buckle up, my friends.  It's gonna be a wild ride!  ; )


*Life is busy.  CRAZY busy.  Mom is still here.  Perri has had batting lessons and conditioning for softball.  Just lots of running and getting things done.

*This weather is driving me bonkers.  50* temps in February?  Come on.  We need COLD and we need SNOW.  There is so much sickness going around right now.  A good deep freeze that would keep people in for a few days would sure be helpful.

*Even with all the craziness right now, I have a ton of things for which to be thankful. 
     ~The Hubster.  He's been going above and beyond to lighten my load.
     ~My friend Tish.  It may seem like a little thing, but every morning I'm extra thankful for my friend Tish.
       We both sit at the elementary school until the bus pulls in to take our girls to the high school, then we
       have to pull into the drop off line to let out our boys.  Well, I live in a world full of large 4-wheel drive 
       vehicles.  My every day vehicle is a little two-door speck.  In other words, I can't see much without
       sticking my nose into the middle of things and I'm often afraid those big ol' trucks won't see me until it's
       too late.  Tish always runs interference for me.  : )  She noses her way into the line and then lets me in
       front of her.  : )  What a pal.  : )
     ~Income tax returns.  Ours has been deposited and we're going to go pick out new bathroom faucets
       and a couple of other things we've been needing to replace around here.  Nothing major, but those little
       things add up.  Return time is just a great time to tackle that stuff.
  
*Valentine's Day was nice.  : )  I cooked a nice dinner and The Hubster brought me a beautiful bouquet of red tulips.  : )  (I'm thinking maybe he read my blog again....after all, I did mention here that I'm not really a 'rose' kind of girl.  ; ) )

*I made French onion soup and it was YUMMY.  I'm hoping to find the time to post my recipe over at Kelli's Kitchen.  It had been a long time since I had made it and I decided to make it for V-Day dinner because it's one of The Hubster's favorite things.  : )

*I'm sorry that Whitney Houston died.  :(  It breaks my heart for her daughter and all of those who loved her.
  But I am really entirely ready for the media to let her rest in peace.  I'm tired of hearing about it every time I
  turn on the tv.  While I'm not nearly so....*ahem*....'outspoken' as some of the folks on Facebook, I do
  really agree with a couple of the posts that are being shared on there.  We've lost so many of our brave
  men and women to war and yet we give the death of a superstar who was a known drug addict more media
  attention than any of those who selflessly sacrificed themselves to preserve our freedoms.  There is
  something seriously wrong with this picture.

*And as long as we're discussing controversial issues, let me go on the record as being A-OK with the way this Texas dad chose to discipline his teenage daughter for her little Facebook rant.  I think it's a great thing to see a parent actually discipline a child.  Parenting involves effective discipline and this dad knew he had to 'get her where it hurts', so to speak.  If you want to have children, plan on actually parenting them in order to know that  they will be decent members of society who contribute good things to this world.  If you want friends, go out and meet new people who were birthed by someone other than yourself.   JMHO.
And BTW, if you read the follow-up stories, you'll see that the daughter is not scarred for life or in need of therapy due to the actions of her dad.  While I'm sure she was very angry and upset in the beginning, even she doesn't get why so many people are saying her dad is nuts or went too far.  Good for her and good for her dad!  Just goes to show he's doing something right! 

*The Tasty Cupcakery's current location is now officially closed!  Brie is so excited to get moved into her new, BIGGER location.  : )  That won't happen until probably mid March because there is a TON of work to do.  Hoping that things go super smoothly.

*Tucker Man made me very proud.  : )  I think I mentioned that he was going to be in the school spelling bee.  Well, he ended up in the top three.  : )  He was up there with two fifth graders and this mom could not have been prouder!  Congrats to to Jordan and Josh, the winner and first runner-up, who will represent our school at the county bee!  : )

I need to get busy around this house now.  Just wanted to let you know I'm still among the living.  ; )  Hope all of you are having a fabulous week!  I'm still lurking around blogland from time to time, reading your posts and trying to keep up with the goings-on.  I really admire those of you who find the time to post daily and wish I knew your secret!  ; )

~~~ As you can see I'm still having formatting issues.  What's up with that?  All the strange sentence breaks and indentations....I'm not sure how to fix it.  Hopefully Blogger gets on the ball and gets things straightened out!~~~