Monday, February 27, 2012

The Morning After

I had been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks.  
I really didn't care much about who carried home the little golden statues.
For me, it's all about the clothes.  
And the hair.
Okay, the jewelry is a little bit important, too.

My favorites:
 Penelope Cruz.
Classic.
The epitome of style and grace.
The dress, the hair, the jewelry...
Ahhhhhhhhh.
Reminiscent of Grace Kelly.

 Jessica Chastain.
Don't know who she is or what movie she was in
(true story...I have seen NONE of the nominated movies, I'm afraid)
but the dress is gorgeous.

 Milla Jovovich.
Pure Hollywood glam.
Stunning.

 I like Natalie Portman.
This was certainly not my favorite dress of the evening,
however the necklace is what caught my eye.
Her hair was only okay, IMHO.
But she's just so stinkin' cute.  : )
I loved her in 
Where the Heart Is
(awesome book, too)
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.


Gwyneth Paltrow.
She pretty much always shows up to these 
red carpet events 
looking like a million bucks.
Her long, lean frame certainly showed off this gorgeous gown.

Others who showed good taste:
Cameron Diaz
Glenn Close
Stacy Keibler (otherwise known as George Clooney's date)
Octavia Spencer

And now for the DUDS.
J-Lo has a gorgeous body.  Everyone knows it.
Mostly because she very often puts it out there 
for everyone to see.
A little too much of it.
Last night was no exception.
The entire night she appeared to be having
a wardrobe malfunction.

Angelina Jolie is skeletal.
Not attractively thin.
Not svelte.
SKELETAL.
Worse than that,
she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips
when really she just needs to 
EAT
a bag of chips.
Or three.
Come on, Angie.
Put some meat on them bones.

Okay, I'm done now.
Enough cattiness for one day, huh?  
; )
Happy Monday, my friends!
Hope it's a good one!