Thursday, February 2, 2012

SUNSHINE!

On vacations: We hit the sunny beaches where we occupy ourselves keeping the sun off our skin, the saltwater off our bodies, and the sand out of our belongings.
Erma Bombeck


I have loved the words of Erma Bombeck ever since I was just a kid.  I was probably 12 when I first discovered her wit and wisdom.  She always had such unique views on motherhood and life in general; the kind of things that make you go "Hmmmmmmm...she's right!  Why didn't I think of that?" 


Today we have SUNSHINE!  Lots and lots of beautiful, warm, golden sunshine!  It is positively glorious.  So when I found a moment to sit down and write a blog post, I decided to search for some quotes on sunshine.  Erma's name immediately caught my eye and I  just knew I had to use this one.  : )


This talk of beaches is almost making me long for the end of winter.  Almost.  I mean, I'd really like to have a good, heavy, deep snow that sticks around for a few days, causes school to be cancelled and gives the kids plenty of good snowman making material.  We haven't had 2" of snow TOTAL all winter!  This just isn't right.  We need it.  We need a few days for folks to have to stay at home, giving all of these nasty bugs and viruses a chance to die off.  Everyone has had more than their fair share of the crud this winter.  Most of all, I think everyone needs to be reminded to slow down.  Nothing like a good snow to show you who's in charge.  ; )


But....the beach.

The sunshine (even though I do need LOTS of sunscreen) and the sand (even though I do fight to keep it from invading every nook and cranny of our clothes and shoes and hotel room) and the saltwater (even though it stings when it gets on all those areas where the sand has chaffed my skin.)


Yeah, a couple of days with my family, digging our toes into the warm sand, listening to the waves crashing, relaxing with a great book...


That sure would be nice.  : )


What about you?  Where would you like to be right now?  Who would you like to have with you? 


*Sorry for the pictureless post, but Blogger has decided that I don't need to have pictures on my blog today.  Isn't that sweet?  ; )*