Monday, February 22, 2010

A Little Slice of Summer in the Snow

Yesterday I went to the garage and got out this:

And I cleared a path across the deck from the kitchen door to this:

Soon, I was doing this:

(only without the cute little chef's hat)
Where I cooked these:

They had these:

And these:

And this:

Plus I grilled little foil packets of julienned these:

and these:


And I do believe that the general consensus was that it was all so fresh and yummy and it reminded us of:


And everyone in my family was wearing one of these:


Dessert is a must around here, so I also prepared one of these:

AMISH CINNAMON PUDDING
(Couldn't find a pic and didn't think to take one, but take my word for it...it is YUMMY! Bakes up like a cake on top with a gooey cinnamon syrup underneath it.)
and I served it with this on top:

(Spoon that yummy syrup over the ice cream and WOW! What a treat!)

Needless to say, yesterday was good. Very, very good.

5 comments:

  1. I was trying to talk my fiance into grilling yesterday while it was snowing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sounds like you had a good time! and making it feel like the sunshiney day helped! I too think you need to share the recipe...Ha! Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect meal at the best time of year for a change of pace! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )