Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Viruses, Trojans and worms...OH MY!

I think I would prefer lions and tigers and bears right now.

Once again my laptop is down for the count. I am posting from Perri's netbook which is extremely difficult for me. I have big hands and long fingernails and this keyboard is quite teeny tiny. Plus I don't want to bog down her computer with all the clipart and stuff I typically use in my postings. So this will probably be short and sweet, which I'm sure will be a relief to some. ;) I am so pleased to have picked up 26 followers and I absolutely hate to lose any of you, so I'm trying hard to get this issue remedied. I have a great deal of fun writing this blog!

Even worse than this is the fact that my little Tucker Man is fighting an earache. :( He's never really dealt with ear problems before. He's had so many health issues in his seven short years and I certainly hate to add this to the list. We have an appointment with his super-fantastically-wonderful doc at 11 this morning, so with any luck we'll be able to get him some relief.

The good news is that Perri got her phone back! :) She still has to earn the AR points to get her netbook returned, but her Dad and I decided that with the grades she brought home this term, she deserved to have her phone. :) She's a happy girl.

I'll do my best to check out all the blogs I'm missing just as soon as I possible can! Hopefully my laptop will be back up and running before the week is out. My best advice to all of you is to make sure that you are careful in choosing your virus protection and that you run a good malware program as well. I think the problem I'm having now stems from the issues I was fighting a couple of weeks ago and that it just wasn't fully remedied that first time around.

Hope to be back really, really soon! Don't have TOO much fun without me. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I hope your computer feels better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really think these viruses are coming from blogger, but I have no idea what to do about that. I have had two different viruses protections, and they still get through! Grrrrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, are you on Facebook? I think FB is the problem, especially since so many people I know are having trouble now and many never write or visit blogs. Twice I've trouble after getting a Windows Security alert that was bogus. The first time I fell for it, but the second time, the virus installed even without me clicking on any of their choices. A friend who recently bought a Mac had the same message and obviously Macs don't run on Windows! She has a FB account which backs up my theory although I doubt it can ever be proven.

    Good luck Kelli. If we have a big party without you, I'll take lots of pictures. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not understand what people get out of trashing other's computers with worms, viruses, and the such. Good luck in getting it taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're having computer troubles. That was an interesting theory about FB. I don't have time to do it anymore and I have no new viruses. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )