Monday, March 8, 2010

Twenty-Six

It's a pretty cool number.

In Italian it is ventisei.

Prefer French? It translates to vingt-six.

How about Polish? Dwadzieścia sześć.

Nothing wrong with '26'.

Until I think about the fact that my own sweet son is turning 26 today.

How on earth can that be? Where did the time go?

All I did was blink. I swear. He went from this:

To this:


To this:


To this:

(with his sister, Brie)
And finally...


He has always been smart and strong. He's always willing to lend a hand. He's always had a big heart.

Above all, he's always gonna be my baby boy. No matter how big he gets.

Happy birthday, Drew! :)

10 comments:

  1. Such a nice young man he is! Happy Birthday Drew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Drew! Kids are a treasure no matter the age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I can't dream of my two-year-old baby boy turning 20-anything these days. We're just working on potty-training, but I'm sure it happens in a flash.

    I saw your blog from another Kelli's blog. I love exploring other Kelli's out there that spell their name like mine.

    Have a great day! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does that happen? :( I laughed at Alex today just as he got home from school because he couldn't get his sweatshirt off over his head...and I told him his head grew just since he's been at school :) Happy Birthday to your son...tell him, "No more Birthdays!" haha! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These kids just keep making us older! Darn them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your sweet son. They do grow up way to fast, don't they?
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand exactly what you are saying. They were just babies YESTERDAY! I keep telling mine that they will always be my babies and they just respond with, "Mom!" I think that all mom's understand. Please extend my wishes for a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday, drew (and mommy since you had everything to do with it being his BIRTH day).

    guess moms look into those eyes and see our little baby....forever.

    sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a handsome young man. I know what you mean about the passage of time. It is incredible...literally feels like the blink of an eye. Happy Birthday to a lovely young man. And a hug to his slightly sad Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )