Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Day Well Spent

You know how some days just leave you feeling peaceful and at ease? I've had one of those days today. :)

All of my kids were here, my grandson, my son-in-law, my same-as-daughter-in-law, and a neighbor girl who is just like another daughter. Dinner was good, dessert was better, and the company was the best!

I spent part of yesterday preparing for today so that I wouldn't be totally stressed out trying to get things done before everyone arrived. The meat loaves got mixed, the desserts were prepared, and the dishes were set out and ready to be filled. In the last couple of years I have gotten so much better at this.

I used to have a really hard time relaxing and enjoying my company because I was always fretting over everything being just so, every dish being ready at exactly the right moment, every detail falling perfectly into place. Now I do as much as I can ahead of time and at my own pace. And while it rarely results in perfection, it almost always turns out well enough to keep everyone happy. Including me. :)

I hope you are relaxing this evening, feeling peaceful and happy with life, and reminiscing about your own day well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )