Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

January 18, 2009

Outside my window... it is drizzly and dreary. But that's okay! The kids are off school today and we don't HAVE to go out in it if we don't want! :)

I am thinking... I have only a few things I really must get done around the house today, so most of my time will be spent with the young'uns. I believe I might just see a few board games in my near future!

I am thankful for... good friends. The older I get the more I realize how important friendships really are.

From the kitchen... Well, that's one of the things I must get done today. We went to Sam's over the weekend to buy meat, so I have to re-package and get it ready for freezing. I'm going to mix up a couple of meat loaves to freeze, too. Still need to figure out dinner, but I think it might be chicken and noodles.


I am wearing... Jeans, a tan turtleneck and a tan/aqua/blue/green striped blouse.

I am creating... a menu for the week. Trying to get back to meal planning and organizing.

I am going... nowhere today (at least there are no plans at the moment) but we have a couple of appointments later this week. Tuesday there are eye appointments for both kids (new glasses and contacts, for sure) and on Thursday Perri gets a new 'do. :)

I am reading... Ford County, a collection of short stories by John Grisham. Pretty good, too. It only took me one day to read Dean Koontz's latest, Breathless. THAT was good.

I am hoping... to get lots done this week. I always feel better when I've accomplished something around the house. But today will just be time with the kids. :)

I am hearing... the sound of Perri and Tucker building with Lincoln Logs and giggling. Life is good. :)

Around the house... today will involve laundry and I will take care of the meat from Sam's. The rest of the week...who knows. There is plenty to do, I only need to pick and choose.

One of my favorite things... is the sound of my kids talking and laughing together. I love these times when Perri forgets she's 12 and it isn't cool to like her 7 year old brother. ;)

A few plans for the rest of the week... So far, just the usual...laundry, keeping the house neat enough, making it to those appointments for the kids. I need to bake something and I'm thinking cupcakes. Cupcakes can make even a gloomy day a little brighter, don't you think? Then the inlaws will be here next weekend for a visit.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Just because it's beautiful. :) Don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. the picture is absolutely gorgeous! Makes me want to go dangle my feet in the water. Blessings. Riat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...chicken & noodles. I love them. How do you make yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )