Saturday, January 9, 2010

Some gooey, creamy deliciousness to share

There has been much talk of cream cheese danish here and the following is simply proof positive that I am easily manipulated when it comes to food. If I read about it, smell it, see it or am in any way encouraged to think of it, I will probably end up making it.


I got this recipe from a friend a couple of years ago and my family LOVES it. It's especially delicious while still warm from the oven. And the best part is that chances are really good you already have the ingredients at home!

So here's where it all begins. Well, this and a cup of sugar. Didn't figure you needed to see a cup of sugar. Be sure to let the cream cheese come to room temperature before you start, but the crescent rolls should be straight from the fridge so they're easier to handle.


Now put that soft, smooshy cream cheese in a mixing bowl along with the cup of sugar and a little vanilla (I never measure, but I'd say a teaspoon) and beat it until well blended. Like this:


Now find a really pretty 13"x9" baking pan/dish like this cutie I have here.

Isn't it pretty? My MIL got it at a yard sale and gave it to me many, many moons ago. Love the cuteness of it!

Lightly grease your own cute pan and then unroll the crescent rolls into it, pinching together the seams and patting it gently to the sides and ends of the pan. You don't want it to come up on the sides much at all. Just enough to make a slight 'lip' around the edge.

*Note: My ultra-cute baking dish is not truly a 13"x9", but it just begs to be used and I comply. It is actually a little small for this recipe and if you use a 13"x9", your dough will appear a little thinner than this.

Then you spread on your yummilicious cream cheese mixture like this:


Put down a piece of waxed paper and open up that other can of crescent rolls. Unroll them onto the waxed paper, pinching the seams closed and patting it out evenly until it is large enough to cover the top of the yummilicious mixture, like so:


Now for the fun part. Pick up the waxed paper and invert it over the pan, then peel back the paper.




Gently pat down the dough so that it is touching the cheesy mixture all across the top. Don't press too hard! You don't want it to squish up the sides.


Looks kinda plain, doesn't it? We can't have that! Whatever shall we do???


I KNOW!!!


Let's sprinkle the top with lots of cinnamon and sugar!!!


Now into a 375* oven for 15-20 minutes, or just until it turns a lovely golden brown, like so:


And this:


And this:


Tell me that doesn't look excrutiatingly delicious. It makes your tastebuds ache in anticipation, doesn't it?

If you let it sit until it reaches room temperature, the center will set up enough that you can actually pick it up and eat it, but I do love it warm and kind of gooey.

A little secret...as if this isn't yummy enough, you can also add a can of pie filling (blueberry, cherry, apple, peach, etc.) on top of the cream cheese and before you add the top crust. Talk about sinfully delicious!

So go check the fridge.

Find the cream cheese.

Find the crescent rolls.

Look behind the leftovers.

And in the crisper drawer.

They're in there SOMEWHERE!

And get busy baking!

7 comments:

  1. I know what I'm doing tomorrow night ;) I love the lil' graphics you add to your blogs btw, they are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to make this! Looks easy enough for Natalie to do! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be great. I already have it made in my mind!!

    I love your new blog design and your graphics are just TOO cute!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds absolutely scrumptious! Thanks for the recipe! Bet your'e a good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally LOVE anything that has Crescent Rolls as an ingredient. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the pleasure of tasting this today ... WOW :) I have a new fav (and another reason to head to the gym haha)! It was delish, thank you ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pan! So cute. And this looks like a wonderful and easy recipe. Definitely dangerous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )