Monday, December 21, 2009

Chocolate dipped cookies and a hidey-house...WHAT FUN! : )

It has been a lazy kind of day around here. I did make a breakfast of bacon and pancakes for the kids (who didn't have to go to school today, thanks to the snow) and I've made a few cookies, but otherwise I have pretty much been sitting around being a lump. And personally, I don't have a problem with that. ;)

I baked some spritz last night and today I dipped them halfway in chocolate. Plain spritz are not a hit with my family, but just about anything dipped in chocolate is appreciated. I made some 'Thin Mints'. Got the idea from here. I also baked sugar cookie cutouts (bells, candy canes, trees, stars) but we haven't begun to decorate them yet. Maybe tonight after dinner.

At the moment, this is how my house looks:
You see, this is what happens when the kids are not in school. Chairs moved out of the way so that a hidey-house can be properly constructed under the kitchen table.


And the closet under the stairs, when emptied of some of the pesky household items, makes a wonderful 'office'.

Of course, those household items must find a temporary home. Like in the middle of the hallway.

But you know what? I don't really mind. :) Now that my two older kids are all grown up and on their own, I realize how fleeting these snowy afternoons of make-believe really are. I will be looking back and saying "Those were the days" far too soon. Besides, listening to them is quite entertaining, to say the least!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those days. AND... there are days when I'd still love to hide under the dining room table!!

    You have the right to be 'a lump' today after baking up a storm last night! Wow!! Those are a lot of cookies. And there is the clean up as well... you did lots more than I did all day yesterday!!

    Enjoy the coming days. Soon they will just be memories!

    Happy holidays, Kelli!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, you're right. The time flies by and you miss all the hectic messiness of it all! Enjoy those yummy cookies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when our kids used to make hidey-houses. Sometimes we would get in there with them--lol. Oh, the memories. Your cookies look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look really good!! :o)
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when the kids make tents out of the dining table. I remember doing this when I was a kid. The only time I ever had to call 911 was when one of the twins fell as a toddler (and seemed far more hurt than he was). When the paramedics arrived, there in the middle of my living room was my dining table made into a tent. They looked at me funny, and I'm sure they thought my son had fallen off the top of the table, which wasn't the case. He was okay, and I was a bit embarrassed.

    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwww! I remember making forts under our pingpong table when I was little - and my daughters used to make forts in the living room... how I miss those days!
    Merry Christmas to your sweet Family, Kelli!
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )