Monday, December 28, 2009

My Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...December 28, 2009


Outside my window... There is a fresh coat of snow! :) Snow makes me happy.

I am thinking... that I have so much to do and here I sit, blogging. Oh well. Blogging makes me happy, too. :)

I am thankful for... my kids. :) They're on Christmas break and I love having them here at home with me.

From the learning rooms... Well, I don't homeschool per se, but I do 'supplement'. I just believe that as long as their minds are little sponges, they need to learn as much as they possibly can. But while they're on break from school, they're also on break at home. :)

From the kitchen... I haven't a clue. I'm tired of leftovers and I want some good, old fashioned comfort food. Though I'm not sure what the main course will be, I do believe I see mashed potatoes in my near future. :)

I am wearing... my flannel lined jeans and a sweatshirt. It is COLD today and the wind is blowing, too.

I am creating... a more organized life for myself and my family. It is a work in progress but it is getting better!

I am going... to town to buy laundry detergent in a little while. Ick. I don't want to go out today, but the laundry room is overflowing with new Christmas things and I have about enough detergent to do one more load.

I am reading... mostly just other blogs at the moment, but I did just buy Big Russ and Me by Tim Russert yesterday. I've wanted to read it for a long time.

I am hoping... to find my energy and motivation sometime in the next 30 minutes or so. I'm dragging today!

I am hearing... Tucker and Perri playing a game together. :)

Around the house... The big tree is coming down today. I want my family room back!

One of my favorite things... That 'refreshed' feeling throughout the house when Christmas has been packed away. :)


A few plans for the rest of the week: Mostly just enjoying having the kids here. Thursday the whole family (well, I'm hoping Drew and Kish get to come!) will be here celebrating NYE and I might be making homemade pizzas. Friday we'll have our traditional New Year's Day dinner of smoked sausage and sauerkraut, buttered potatoes, creamed peas, cornbread and a pan of cooked cabbage for those who don't like kraut.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...because to me it is beautiful, peaceful and serene.


Many thanks to Peggy at The Simple Woman for sponsoring the Simple Woman's Daybook. Check out the link to join in the fun!

4 comments:

  1. I love Daybook posts. They say so much in so few words. Someday I may join, but I have never been known to use just a few words!! lol!

    Your blog reminds me so much of the days when my kids were younger. I miss it and I don't...but I did love having them home on holidays and in the summer. I just enjoyed how the house became alive. Maybe that is what I miss now. Anyway, enjoy your day and week and have a wonderful New Years. The menu's sound delicious! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, it sounds like a WONDERFUL day...hope your evening goes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this little peek into your heart.
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouraging words Kelli. I hope my baby girl gets back to her sweet self. I have no clue about cooking either and mashed potatoes always sound good. I hope you find your comfort food. Let me know about the organization. it is something we are trying to tackle as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note! : )