Monday, September 13, 2010

miscellany monday

I decided to link up to carissa graham's miscellany monday because I think everyone needs a little miscellany in their lives. Don't you? : ) Just click on the icon and you can join in, too!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

*I've not been feeling well for more than a month now and it's really starting to wear on me. :( And ragweed receives all the credit (blame?)! Hopefully my son's allergist will be able to help me after I have some testing done on Wednesday. I've never been to see an allergist before but this most recent round of pollen has convinced me that it's time. I have too much to do to feel like this every single day.

*~*~*~*I felt an ever so brief spurt of ambition yesterday afternoon and baked off some cookie dough I had mixed and put in the fridge (Snickerdoodles and Tollhouse), packed them in snack-size baggies and put them in the pantry for lunches this week. I also packed sandwich-size baggies of potato chips and Cheetos. This makes my weekday mornings so much less hectic and that means things run more smoothly. It is nice to have mornings that aren't rushed. Then things tend to fall into place and there are no forgotten notebooks or homework or lunches and a lot less grumbling.

*~*~*~*~*In my grand quest for total household organization, I'm contemplating planning a full month of dinner menus for October.

Am I insane???

Perhaps.

But I figure it couldn't hurt to try it. I typically do better planning a day or two at a time, but if I can plan on a larger scale I can make fewer trips to the grocery store and prep some of the ingredients ahead of time as well. While thinking about this project I did some searching and came up with this group of printables at Mommy Blessings. Think I'll look around the site a little more and see what other goodies there are!

*~*~*~*~*~* Totally embarrassing to write this, but that spare room I wrote about here is STILL not cleaned out and organized and it is weighing heavily on my mind. I'm hoping that by confessing it here, perhaps the embarrassment might just work to my advantage and actually light a fire under me to get it done.

Or not.

We'll see. Since writing that post, Perri and Tucker have both emptied their rooms of things they no longer use/wear/play with and guess where it all ended up going? You got it. So now there is even MORE to sort through and purge.

*~*~*~*

Yesterday was Grandparents' Day. Not that I remembered it or anything. Being the horrible daughter/daughter-in-law that I am, I didn't even realize it and totally forgot to get cards for the kids to send. Luckily my inlaws and my Mom know me pretty well and probably weren't the least bit surprised.

Hayden, however, did remember.

(Well, I think Mommy and Daddy helped.)

I got a new memory card for my camera and a really cool Fall Baking cookbook,

and The Hubster (aka: Poppy) got a Chili's gift card.

What sweet surprises! : )

*~*~*~*

I suppose that does it for me on this Monday.

Hope all of you have a terrific week!