Monday, September 20, 2010

A Rare Find

I made a most amazing discovery this weekend.
It is a find so rare that it is, to me, worth its weight in

You see, I LOVE movies. Comedies, love stories/chick flicks, mysteries, or simply slice-of-life...
I ADORE A GOOD MOVIE.
Even more, I adore a good movie that I can sit down and watch with my kids.
Aside from most Disney animated features, it's often difficult to find a good movie
that I don't mind my kids seeing, too.
Whether the issue is language,

too much skin

or mature storylines


A PARENT JUST CAN'T WIN!

All that being said, I did not expect this particular movie to be quite what it turned out to be. And any way you look at it, I certainly didn't expect my eight year old to like it.

However, I was pleasantly surprised!

After a friend posted on Facebook that she had watched
LETTERS TO JULIET

and expressed her amazement at the fact that there was no language in the film, I went right out and rented it. I had been wanting to see it ever since it came out in theaters but hadn't had the opportunity. Movie watching time for me is somewhat limited. Too many things to do and too many little people around to be able to see the ones I want to see. But I had a free Redbox rental coming and decided to use it on something I wanted to see.

What a TERRIFIC movie! The scenery was breathtaking, the story was captivating and beautifully told, and the cast was magnificent. Amanda Seyfried is absolutely perfect. Pretty in a girl-next-door kind of way, you immediately fall in love with her character and want better for her than she is getting from her fiance. And Vanessa Redgrave gives a beautiful performance as well. But personally, it is my opinion that the less you know about a movie, the more you will enjoy discovering the magic of the story as it unfolds before you. So please, if you haven't yet seen Letters to Juliet, don't read all of the reviews and the synopses. Just rent it.
Find yourself a cozy seat and be prepared to be taken away to the beauty of Italy
and the giddiness that comes with true love.

This is one of those movies that I will own. :)