Monday, September 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


{ I don't really mind Mondays so much, but I thought this was TOO cute! : ) }




1. Hope all of you had a terrific weekend. Mine was pretty good. After Saturday's outing, I watched Letters to Juliet (again) with my girls. Perri didn't get to see it the first time we watched it and I certainly didn't mind seeing it again. I really like this movie! I wish Hollywood would make more movies that you don't mind sitting down to watch with your kids. No bad language, no nudity; just good, clean entertaining storylines and great acting. Those kinds of movies are too few and far between.

2. I went to the high school homecoming parade on Friday and really enjoyed it!
The band is absolutely AMAZING.
While many high schools have trouble fielding even a 40 member band, we have about 150 or so members and I'm telling you, these kids are GOOD.


Their competition show this year is Disney themed and it is FANTASTIC!
I got to watch the show in its entirety on Friday night at the homecoming game.
All I can say is WOW.
I can't wait until next year when my own baby girl will be a part of this band. : )

And speaking of Disney...

3. I was cleaning out a Photobucket account yesterday and came across some photos I hadn't seen in a long, long time. They made me smile, but they also really tug at my heart.
These were taken during our Florida vacation in 2006.

This first one was taken after a long day in the Magic Kingdom.


Yes, he's in a stroller. My baby was about to turn 4 when this was taken.
Where has the time gone?

And look at those chubby little cheeks! :)
He really enjoyed the pool at our hotel.



Perri was 8 and wanted her face painted. I LOVE the way it turned out!
The braces are now gone and that face has thinned and grown more mature.



And here she is playing in the waves at Daytona.

I love the young man and the young lady they're becoming,
but I sure do miss my babies.

Don't you just love it when you stumble across old pics you aren't expecting to see?
So many good memories. : )

4. I'm becoming so forgetful. I have to head into town RIGHT NOW
so I can buy prizes for the birthday table gift bags at school. At our last PTO meeting
I volunteered to pick up what was needed and then proceeded to
TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT IT.


I also need to pick up a few things at the store.
Since my memory loss is typically more of just a 'delayed remembering' kind of thing,
I figure by the time I get home I will also remember whatever it is
I forgot to get at the store, too.
*insert eye-roll here*


And on that note, I will head out the door.
Just one last thing before I go, and I think it sums things up quite nicely.