Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Feelin' a Little Bubbly?

I am!
 
Allow me to explain.
Know her?
This is my friend, Colbie,
Well, okay.
So she's not really my friend friend,
but I just know that if we ever met,
we'd surely be the best of buds.
We have so much in common!

She has long, beautiful hair...
and I wish I had long beautiful hair.

That girl can SING.
I always wanted to sing.

She's in her mid 20s.
I'd kinda sorta almost 
give my eye teeth 
to be in my mid 20s again.

Okay.
So we don't really have all that much in common.
But I reallyreallyreally
love her voice (so smooth and sweet),
her songs (which she writes herself),
the fact that she plays the guitar
(how cool...I do well to play a stereo)
and the happy feeling I get 
when I listen to her music.
For me,
MUSIC = MOOD
and when I need a lift,
I can listen to a little 
Colbie Caillat.

So, Colbie is coming to Charleston
in September and tickets went on sale
this morning at 10 a.m.

Guess who had her computer fired up,
fingers perched on the keyboard,
anxiously awaiting that moment of truth?

Yep.
This girl.
And I did get tickets.
Row L.
Yes, you read that right.
Row L, a mere 12 rows back.
I am one happy girl.

And guess who else is happy!
Well, yes.
I suppose she is happy.
But I don't know her, 
so that's not who I meant.

I meant this pretty lady:
That's my girl, Brie.
Brie has never ever,
in the history of the entire universe,
EVER 
been to a concert.
It just so happens that her
25th birthday is about 3 weeks or so
after this concert.
Brie also happens to be a Colbie fan.
It only makes sense that this should be 
her birthday present this year, right?

Yeah, I thought so, too.  : )
So we'll go out to dinner
and then to what I just KNOW
will be a fantabulous concert!

And, just in case you've been
living under a rock and you have
no idea why I titled this post what I did,
here is  a link to the video for 
Colbie's first big hit,


Have a listen.
And get to feelin' happy!
: )