Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Have you ever noticed...

...how much easier it is to count your blessings on a sunny day?


I know we shouldn't count them only then, and I don't make a habit of it, but it is such a beautiful day here and I'm finding myself feeling almost giddy with gratitude!


Getting out of bed this morning was practically effortless. (Those of you who know me well...please pick your chin up off the floor now. And blink, for heaven's sake! Stop looking so STUNNED!)

You see, I knew it was supposed to be sunny and nice today, temps in near 60*, and I have been longing for a day such as this!

No, REALLY!

I haven't just wanted it, I've needed it. Sometimes the weather has a direct impact on my mood, and after so many days of dreary gray skies and drizzle, I NEED SUNSHINE!!!

So I've been getting after it this morning. Four loads of laundry are done and the house is tidied. I walked two miles at the walking track, came home and made meatballs (some for dinner, some to freeze) and did a few odds and ends around the house. Now I am going to spend the afternoon outside.


Before I head out the door, I would like to ask all of you to keep some folks in your prayers, please. A very dear friend of mine and her husband are dealing with some dire health issues at this time and I would very much appreciate it if you would lift them up in prayer. This has been weighing heavily on my heart ever since I got the news yesterday, but I'm feeling very hopeful about the situation. I know the miracles that are possible through prayer and I know there is power in it! So thank you, my friends. :)

And before I forget...


P.S. Many thanks to those of you who have already gotten in on my giveaway! If you haven't yet, be sure click here and get your name in the hat, too! :)