Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reasons to Celebrate

Let's celebrate!


Today marks the 56th anniversary of the manufacture of the first color television. It was made by RCA.


Today marks the 14th anniversary of the newly designed $100 bill going into circulation.


In Sweden today, people will celebrate Waffle Day.

The feast of the Annunciation, or Our Lady's Day, has come to be known as Waffle Day and traditionally falls on March 25, nine months to the day before Christmas. (Just want to emphasize that part...I know some of you will enjoy that little reminder!)

And today's celebrity birthdays worth celebrating include:
* Anita Bryant, 1940
* Aretha Franklin, 1942
* Elton John, 1947
* Sarah Jessica Parker, 1965
* Gloria Steinem, 1934

But let's face it. None of these things are what I'm REALLY celebrating.

This post...this very post...this happy little grouping of words...is post number


The mayor called and offered to do this:

But I graciously declined.

Ticker tape clogs the storm sewers, ya know.

Instead I'll just quietly do the surprise package giveaway I originally announced here and let it go at that.

I know it was supposed to take place this morning, but I let time slip away from me.

Tucker wants to draw the winner and I just couldn't get it together in time for him to do it before he left for school, so it will happen when he gets home. The winner's name will be announced here tonight.

Promise.