Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lighten Up!

Today begins a warm weather trend for our area. While today we will reach the upper 50s and maybe, just maybe, 60, the rest of the week is going to be downright warm.

There is a whole to-do list that appears in my head the moment I see the first forecast predicting a string of lovely days.

It's time to lighten up!



Move the heavy winter clothes to the back of the closet and the springy stuff to the front.

(Yes, that's my closet. The one in my DREAMS!)

Clean those windows

and let that sunshine in!

Put away the heavy winter decor and replace it with bright, springy things!


And best of all....(drumroll, please!).....



Re-hang the front porch swings!


There is nowhere I'd rather spend time relaxing than on one of my front porch swings! Our porch is a wraparound, so I have one swing where I can sit on cool, comfy mornings and enjoy the warmth of the rising sun, and one where I can sit in the shade when the stifling heat of August is too much even in the early morning hours. We're thinking of relocating the shaded swing, but it will still be in a shaded area. Just need to live on the wild side and shake things up a little, ya know what I mean?


I won't be getting all this done today and certainly not all by myself. The Hubster will have to help with the swings for sure, since they are hanging from the garage ceiling high above my head. The biggest thing I'm lightening up today is my mood. I'm heading outside to hang some towels on the clotheslines for the first time this year. Now that's a sure way to put a spring in my step and lighten me up a little!