Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Wednesday Ramble

It's Wednesday again. Another week is flying past and I'm just hanging on for dear life.
I was so busy yesterday that I didn't even have time to post. As soon as I dropped off the kids to school I had a hair appointment. You wouldn't recognize me now! I'm much more dark and mysterious. ; ) Well, my hair is dark. My stylist asked if I wanted her to comb through the color or touch up the overgrown highlights. This time I opted for combing through. I told her I might end up back there crying and begging for foils! And I might yet. I'm going to give it a few days to see if it grows on me. I just don't think I can pull off hair this dark. I look.....washed out, maybe? I don't know what it is. I'm just not sure it's for me. But hey, it's just hair and you only live once! Might as well try new things from time to time.

Today is early dismissal for the kids so I think I'm going to plan something fun for us to do until time to haul Perri out of here for basketball practice this evening. I need to do some crafting myself so I'm thinking of lining up some project ideas for them to choose from as well. We'll just transform the kitchen table into Craft Central and break out all the supplies and the hot glue gun! : )


I had been outside last night, that's how I would have looked. (Well, other than the hair. Did I mention how DARK mine is???) We had some crazy wild wind last night! It sounded like it was going to carry away this house. Still pretty breezy today but nothing compared to last night's gusts.

And speaking of hair. I miss my curls. I've had big hair my entire life and even if it hasn't totally made a comeback yet, I think I'll help it along. ;) Some days when I'm just not in the mood to spend 40 minutes with the flat iron, I instead spend about the same amount of time with my curling iron. And it seems that the days I go curly are the days that I get the most compliments on my hair. It's just so time consuming and labor intensive! So I'm thinking about a perm.

That lady up there, in case you aren't familiar with her, is Melina Kanakaredes and those curls are natural. Lovely, aren't they? :) I want them. I'm sort of frightened at the thought of how large my head will appear (I have INCREDIBLY thick hair! A blessing and a curse, if you know what I mean.) if I get curls that are quite so 'tight' though, so I'm thinking a slightly looser curl.

Dear me.

I do believe I'm becoming high maintenance.


I suppose I've rambled on long enough. Gonna get busy now and get some things done before picking up the kids. Hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday! :)