Sunday, November 7, 2010

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today...

...Leif Garrett was celebrating his 48th birthday. (Yes, that blonde, beautiful teen heartthrob turns 49 today!)

...marked the 9 year anniversary of the HUGE election recount in Florida to determine the winner of the U.S. presidential election.

...was the 43rd anniversary of Ronald Reagan's election to the office of governor in California.

...my brother was celebrating his 54th birthday

...my nephew and his wife were celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary.

And even with all these many interesting things already marking this fabulous day in history, I decided to sit down and build myself a blog.

And boy, am I ever glad I did. : )

This blog has been my therapy, my catharsis, the maintainer of my sanity. It has brought me many wonderful new friends. I have discovered fantastic decorating ideas, learned new crafts, witnessed the joy of births and shared the sorrow of loss. I have 'traveled' to so many new places with you all, visiting your homes and accompanying you on vacations.

All without ever leaving the comfort of my own home. : )

This year of blogging has been a wonderful experience and all the thanks goes to YOU, my friends! : ) Thank you so much for making this such a fun, educational and entertaining journey. I hope to stick around and enjoy many more years of the same. : )