Thursday, August 18, 2011

Confession Time

It's a fact.  
I am the world's worst mother.   

It's the kids' first day of school and who forgot to take pictures? 

Ahem....*hand going up*.....that would be ME. 

And no, it isn't just the first day of school.  It's Perri's first day of high school.  
Such a momentous occasion and I, being the forgetful person that I am, forgot to snap pics.  
Sheesh.

How do you picture snapping moms manage?  
I mean, my intentions are wonderful. 
(And yes, I know what they say about good intentions.)  
My photography skills are minimal at best, but I try to remember to grab the ol' point and shoot.  
Then somehow I end up breezing through the occasion, 
just living it and doing what must be done, 
forgetting that I have the perfect tool to capture those moments right there within reach. 

Therefore we got not one single, solitary shot in front of
*The Picture Door.
Sorry, Amanda.  I'll try to do better next time.  ; )

{*The Picture Door is a family joke.  I'll fill you in on that one at a later date.}

Since I didn't think of it until we were on our way to Tucker's school
to wait on the bus to pick up Perri, 
I snapped a couple in the parking lot.

Sad, I know.

I managed to coax a smile out of her before she got out of the car.
She'll probably kill me for this one.  


My long and lanky fourth grader.
 
Yes, he was in a good mood.
He's my morning person.
Perri?
Not so much.
So there we are.  You now know the truth.  
My parenting skills are sadly lacking in some areas. 
My shame is deep.

Now, on with your day.  

And don't forget your camera.