Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Last Day

Today is it.  The last day of my official summer.  Tomorrow the kids go back to school and this household will resume something that resembles a routine.  There are both good and bad aspects of this annual occasion.

The Good:                                                      The Bad:
Up at 6 every morning.                                    Up at 6 every morning.

Structure to the day.                                         A little less structure never
                                                                        killed anybody.  ; )

Kids will be with friends.                                  I'll miss having them at
                                                                       home. 

More time for me to write.                               *No bad side to this!

For now I'm going to leave you with a few of my favorite shots from this summer.  And I'm going to go and enjoy this last day and try to not think about the fact that it is, in fact, the last day of Summer 2011. 

Morning on Myrtle.  
Don't know the person in this shot...I just loved the way the light 
was reaching down through the clouds.  
Beautiful.  

Tucker's first experience with All Stars.  : )  
He was so thrilled to be chosen and had such a good time.

A boy and his fishin' pole.
My Tucker Man does love to go fishin'.

Any day spent in the ballpark is a good day.
Any day spent watching my Yankees is an excellent day!

The peaceful beauty of Amish Country.
Wow.

Planking Perri.
No, I don't get the appeal of it.
No, I don't know why it became THE thing to do.
Yes, I find it slightly amusing.
Her gymnastics muscles sure paid off in this one.

I'm outta here.
I have ONE LAST DAY of summer to enjoy.