Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Teasing Visit

She stopped in last night for a brief visit. 
I was a little shocked by her arrival.  I hadn't watched the news
or even read the newspaper recently to hear of her pending arrival,
therefore I was pleasantly surprised.
It felt like an old friend returning home 
after spending far too much time away.
I was afraid that when I opened my eyes this morning
she'd already be gone, 
but she actually decided to stick around for a bit!
It is so unusual for her to visit us in August
but after the summer we've been having,
I am ever so grateful she's here.

Her name?
AUTUMN.

And she's my favorite.  ; )
Last night's low was right around 60* and today we'll not even reach 80*.
I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me!  : )
The sky is blue, the sun is shining, a gentle breeze is blowing
and all is right with the world.
Well, sort of.
Okay, not all.
But this sure beats the 90+ temps and high humidity we've been battling 
ALL.  SUMMER.  LONG.

I know this is just a tease.
It's far too early for Autumn to stick around
 in all her cool, colorful glory,
but I'm enjoying her visit as much as I possibly can.
I've already been fighting the urge to break out the fall decor
for both the inside and outside of the house.
I LOVE DECORATING FOR FALL!
But I keep reminding myself...
It's only August.


All I can say is
LOOK OUT, SEPTEMBER 1st!  
I sure am ready for you this year.