Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Uniformity

It's now very real.  My baby girl is starting high school.  Guess I was able to not think about it too much this summer even though I've been busy running her to various high school sports clinics and practices, band camp and practices, etc.  But yesterday it became a glaring reality.  She got the uniform

I can't tell you how much this uniform has been discussed in recent weeks.  
Would they have one that would actually fit her?  
Is it going to be as hot to wear as it looks like it will be?  
How uncomfortable will the shoes be?

Yesterday all those questions were answered. 
 (1.  Pretty much.  2.  YES.  3.  Not terribly.) 
Reality has set in...my baby girl is now a high school student.  
I'm so proud of her I could just burst!  : )  Ya see, I was a total bookworm/nerd in high school.  The only things in which I participated were student council, honor society, front office and library assistant, etc.  I am too uncoordinated to be an athlete and I was utterly terrified of making a fool of myself in front of others.  It sure did keep me from having much fun.  And every single day I am grateful that Perri is a confident, outgoing, eager young lady who is not afraid to put herself out there and take chances.  : )  

Just had to share this pic of her in her beautiful new uniform and I promise that 
one of these days I'll snap one of her in FULL uniform.  
You know, including that really cute hat-of-a-thing she gets to wear.  ; )